Mixed bean salad is a good alternative to accompany any main dish or even eat it as a main dish for lunch or dinner. You can make it to your liking by adding the beans you like or fruits.
In my case I decided to use the following ingredients:
1 can of black beans1 can of pink beans
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of kidney beans1 can of gandules
1 can of diced mango (since I didn't have fresh)
1/2 chopped purple onion
1 chopped yellow pepper
1 chopped orange pepper
1 chopped red pepper
1/2 cup Spanish oil
1/3 lemon juice
Red vinegar to taste
Salt to taste
Cumin to taste
Cilantrillo chopped to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Pepper to taste
I used all the Goya brand beans but you can use the one of your choice.
The steps to follow to make this recipe are:
1. Open and drain all cans as you do not need the liquid they contain. Then put all the beans in a container where you can mix with a plastic or wooden spoon.
2. Having your dry ingredients already chopped beforehand just toss them in with the beans.
3. Then pour all the liquid ingredients and mix everything very well.
4. Place the container in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. You can also prepare it the day before you eat it in a plastic or glass container with a lid.
5. Optional, you can add 1 can of corn and chopped tomato.
And now to enjoy the bean salad, remember you can use your imagination and use a variety of different beans and fruits. Serve it on a bed of fresh spinach or lettuce.